Not to mention that we also have the best drink specials in South Florida, every single day of the week and a large menu of delicious food.
So if you’re a fan of 2-for-1 domestic beers, glasses of house wine, or well drinks until 7 p.m. every single day, then you’re already a fan of The Dive Bar.
Today we are sharing a little bit more information about this great area we call home.
Five Facts About the Galt Ocean Mile
- The name dates back to 1913 when Arthur Galt, a lawyer from Chicago, headed south and bought 8,000 acres in the area.
- The Galt Ocean Mile began development in 1953 after it was purchased by Coral Ridge Properties Inc, and included the ocean front road north of Oakland Park Blvd. That was the most expensive real estate development deal to date in Florida.
- The area began to really develop after several ocean-front hotels opened, including The Galt Ocean Mile Hotel and the Ocean Manor.
- Since the mid-1960s the “Mile” has been a huge destinations for both locals and tourists with great weather, gorgeous beaches, and a leisurely lifestyle.
- Today, the Galt Ocean Mile still has those fabulous beaches and wonderful weather, in of the addition to amazing shops, restaurants, entertainment sites, and of course… The Dive Bar.